£35k to £40k DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Seeking an Industrial Engineer to join a thriving and well sought after Manufacturing business in Ernesettle, Plymouth for a full time, permanent appointment.
The Industrial Engineer is a key member of the management, resourcing, and creative function within this business. You will be reporting to the Efficiency Manager and leading the development and maintenance of operating standards and techniques.
Delivering balancing time studies, supporting Team Leaders, introducing new techniques and processes, leading the introduction, recording the development and benefit. Hours of work will be 7:30 AM to 4:40 PM Monday to Thursday, with an early (half day) finish on a Friday, unless you fancy the overtime!
- Maintain a continuous presence on the shop floor, responding immediately to any aspect which will adversely affect performance.
- Identify improvement potential in procedures, techniques, methods, presenting detailed justifications.
- Develop and introduce Efficiency mapping.
- Presenting reports & providing analytical data on all aspects of operating performance.
- Provide leadership expertise and support for Team Leaders and the rest of the business on our skill sets and capabilities.
- Maintaining and developing use of all systems.
- Deliver the training and support of teams and new joiners in the resourcing processes and tools used.
- Evidenced experience in an Industrial Engineering role.
- Experience of operating within a labour driven manufacturing sector.
- Problem solver with an understanding of Work Study techniques used within the manufacturing industry.
- Evidenced ability to deliver close attention to detail under pressure.
- Demonstrative people focus with excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Supporting and progressing the development and introduction of strategic cultural change.
- Experience in working and managing high workload.
- Ability to multitask effectively and deal with constant requests and change.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Operational knowledge of SAP management systems.
If you are an experienced Industrial Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.