No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are working with a leading designer and manufacturer who supplies products and services to aerospace, defence, space, telecoms and research markets. Based in Bodmin U.K., they are committed to providing high-quality, high-performance precision products worldwide. Their products are industry leaders and are challenging to manufacture requiring an ability to work to fine tolerances.
They seek an Instrument Fitter/Assembler to safely and cost effectively, produce products to exacting quality standards in their high precision, low volume environment.
They offer a 4 day, 38 hour working week Monday to Thursday with opportunities to work Friday overtime, in addition to 5 weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Exercise a duty of care to self and the rest of the team.
- Assemble and Fit our product to exacting standards, often with the use of a microscope;
- Hard and soft soldering of brass and copper components;
- Complete drilling, tapping, de-burring and light press work as appropriate;
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and ensure that all assembly work carried out complies with the drawings;
- Carry out inspection to the appropriate level;
- Identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements;
- Problem solving and suggesting improvements to the assembly process;
- Support the Company’s review process and take part in regular reviews;
- Work with Managers and Supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives;
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat and tidy;
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as the Company requires.
- Able to work to high precision and tolerances with good manual dexterity;
- Aluminium brazing/welding experience an advantage:
- Soft and hard soldering experience an advantage;
- Some manual turning / milling experience an advantage but not essential;
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment;
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach;
- Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times;
- Good manual dexterity;
- Eligible to work in UK.
If you are an experienced Instrument Fitter / Assembler with the necessary qualifications as listed above and are looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Geraldine. Many thanks for your interest.