£12.50 per hour
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Seeking an experienced IT Technician to support for a minimum of five weeks, starting Monday the 26th of October. You will undertake the day to day, 1st and 2nd Line Support for customers. You will deliver 1st Line Services to ensure Customer Service Level Agreements are met and that security and compliance guidelines are followed while providing exceptional customer service. This company has a wonderful reputation for taking care of their staff and the opportunity could open up longer term possibilities.
- Deliver 1st and 2nd Line Support, Reactive and Proactive incident and Request Fulfilment Service in the most effective and efficient way and in accordance with IT strategy, technology architecture, best practice and industry standards.
- Work to corporate processes, procedures and develop and maintain the knowledge base for the Service. Review and update procedures when necessary and keep technical documentation accurate and current.
- Work with colleagues and customers to ensure compliant services are delivered.
- Carry out; installations, fixes and decommission activities in line with agreed procedures and DSE requirements.
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects to provide information/analyst advice and support and to maintain data collection systems for its effective use by the team.
- Responsible for updating the CMDB (Configuration Management Database) with all hardware and software changes to maximise accuracy of records.
- Follows policies, plans and strategies relating to ITIL Incident, problem, configuration and change management.
- Follows policies relating to project and programme governance, including resourcing and time recording.
- Keeps abreast of new technology trends to ensure an understanding of core IT technologies.
- Prepares, monitors and reports on IT statistical information, embedding the Service management culture.
- Provides technical advice to customers to maximise their understanding of problems.
- Works to agreed Service Level Agreements and meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators.
- Responds to; telephone calls, email, IM and other methods to resolve service issues, and deliver service requests to the agreed standard.
Essential Experience / Qualifications Required
- 5 GCSEs Grade A*- C to include English and Maths, or recent, relevant work experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in a professional environment or 1st Line IT support role within at least 2 of the following:
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Problem Management
- Configuration Management
- Experience of working in a customer focused IT environment
- Proficient user in a range of Microsoft packages
- A full UK driving license
- Microsoft Certified qualification preferred
- Service Desk Institute Analyst or higher preferred
- ITIL foundation preferred
If you have the relevant skills and experience, and looking for an exciting new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button and I will be in touch to discuss next steps.
For an informal chat regarding this role, please call Rachel Vellenoweth on 01752 252533.