Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
As a result of their continued ongoing success, my client is seeking a Junior Business Analyst, to be based at our Head Office in Plymouth.
As the Junior Business Analyst, you will assist in developing, implementing & maintaining margin protection and oversight strategies to meet agreed company objectives. You will report to the Head of Margin and Analytics.
In order to succeed in this role, you’ll be expected to:
- Have clarity about how performance will be measured
- Have a proven background in Retail Head Office support roles
- Be able to proactively plan your time and priorities
- Demonstrate a strong commercial awareness
- Self starter, motivated and enthusiastic
- Team player
- Numerate – able to demonstrate analytical skills
- Written Skills – Able to demonstrate effective report and letter writing skills
- Self-sufficient PC skills to include – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email
- Experience with relevant marketing software applications
- Have a clean drivers license and own car
- Assisting in margin protection and oversight strategies against 3 key areas. These being:
- Calculated Margin
- Transactional Margin
- Analysis of Store Profit & Margin.
- Working with teams within Buying, Supply Chain and Retail to define and prioritise requirements
- Product purchase analysis
- Store and product analysis by demographic / affluence
- Departmental space analytics
- Analysis on store & range profitability
- Bay rationalisation
- Store Erosion analytics including Write Offs, Manual Discounts and Adjustments
- Ensure store turnover, profit and margin is on target vs company objectives
- Provide recommendation based on analytical data on best and poor performing products
- Provide meaningful reports to the Head of Margin Protection & Analytics, recommending appropriate actions, with the aim of enhancing profit and margin
- Promoting a margin protection culture within the business
- Conduct investigations into identified areas of concern
- Provide feedback, findings and make recommendations for improved processes and procedures related to enhancing margin protection.
- Assist others in the validation of Companywide project proposals & business cases which involve capital or other significant expenditure.
- Visible and happy to help other members of the team – keeps promises. Contributes to team objectives despite heavy personal commitments. Recognises skill gaps and potential for development
- Projects confidence – sells ideas well, and is self confident whatever the situation.
- Demonstrates commitment to change in the way they personally do things. Identifies barriers and works to remove them.
- Thinks clearly and quickly about issues. Has an eye for detail and identifies critical information. Copes well with complexity. Uses the relevant information to make the correct judgment.
- Knows the right questions to ask, and therefore identifies critical issues. Is able to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously by planning and organising priorities.
- Communicates in such a way that key messages cannot be missed.
If you have the experience above and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Geraldine Ives. Many thanks for your interest.