No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced laboratory technician required to support our client’s business on a day to day basis through monitoring and testing of business processes & relevant incoming material to ensure adherence to internal and customer standards. The successful candidate will be required to lead & participate in quality related investigations to determine route cause, corrective & preventive actions using technical problem-solving techniques, where investigations require laboratory equipment & chemical / material knowledge.
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers and relevant academic institutes to ensure best practice and current state of the art knowledge is maintained.
- Routine chemical analysis of all on site fluids used in production & assembly operations. Maintaining strength and cleanliness limits, Using FTIR, Auto Titration, Laser particle counting, SEM EDS analysis.
- Through fluid monitoring results & record keeping determine and advise correct TPM intervals for all production fluids used on site.
- Maintain FTIR records of all customer facing lubrication fluids & greases and monitor correctness of new incoming materials.
- Prepare samples for microstructural analysis, analyse & working with on site materials engineer determine adherence to quality standards.
- Conduct spot audit destructive testing to determine quality of on site production processes through Nital etch surface testing.
- Work with stake holders to carry out investigations into non routine occurrences, both through customer concerns or internal manufacturing issues.
- Maintain laboratory equipment & condition, monitor & maintain stock levels of consumable items.
- Recommend process improvements & equipment investments.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- An understanding of manufacturing processes and techniques
- Industrial / production chemistry
- Industrial cleaning techniques
- Lubrication, tribology
- Analytical chemistry
- Safe use and disposal of chemicals in a laboratory environment
- NDT & DT for steel metallurgy
- Communication, verbal and written
Including technical report writing
- Practical laboratory experience, desirable
- Use of Microscopy, Optical & SEM preferable
- Use & interpretation of FTIR spectroscopy
- Working with problem solving techniques
- Relevant chemistry academic formal qualification – Such as BEng in Chemistry / Analytical chemistry / MChem.
If you are an experienced Laboratory Technician and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.