£40,000 to £45,000 per annum DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Seeking a Legal Contracts Officer to join an internationally renowned & Award Winning research organisation delivering; high quality, impactful science that supports a vision for a healthy and sustainable ocean.
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual with expertise in contract law to provide legal advice and expertise in the review, drafting and negotiation of a wide range of contracts and agreements between Applications and stakeholders.
- Review, draft and negotiate a range of research contracts covering the full spectrum of research related activities, including UK Research & Innovation councils’ contracts, EU contracts, charitable foundation contracts, consortium and collaboration agreements, doctoral training partnership agreements and studentship agreements.
- Review, draft and negotiate a range of commercial contracts and agreements, including with clients and industrial partners.
- Review, draft and negotiate sub-contract and consultancy agreements, non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, leases and other miscellaneous agreements as the need arises.
- Provide pragmatic and clear advice on the implications of contractual terms to researchers and Applications business development managers, using a working knowledge of contract issues, such as liabilities, indemnities, confidentiality, intellectual property, data protection and other related issues.
- Ensure that contractual terms are clear and appropriate, and that risk is identified and appropriately assessed within each contract, whilst meeting the needs of business as a charity, and Applications Ltd as a commercial entity, respectively.
- Interact and communicate effectively with external clients and collaborators, and internally with the contract research, business or operational leads.
- Work closely with the Company Secretary to manage and administer a varied legal workload, and with Financial Services to ensure an effective and efficient service to stakeholders internally and externally.
- Keep abreast of developments within the legal contractual field.
- Demonstrate companies core values.
- Accept legal responsibility for own safety and that of others as appropriate
A confident self-starter, you will have demonstrable experience of contract negotiation, drafting and issues, ideally as they apply in the context of a research organisation, as well as commercial contract experience.
You will have degree level in law or equivalent significant legal experience working in a comparable role with a sound knowledge of contract legislation, including intellectual property, GDPR, liabilities and indemnities.
Highly developed written and oral communication skills are essential, along with the ability to identify, distil and convey key points of a contract in a succinct manner. You should be proficient with general IT, including; Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office 365 and confidence with business systems.
You will have excellent people skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships with a range of colleagues and stakeholders, be a good problem solver and negotiator and possess a high degree of professionalism, business understanding, integrity and credibility.
Bronze level accreditation employer who is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture where we can all succeed based on our merit. To support staff from all backgrounds, we offer a range of family friendly and inclusive employment policies, flexible or hybrid working arrangements and staff engagement forums.
If you are an experienced Legal Contracts Officer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.