No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Our client, a large Manufacturing business in Plymouth is looking for an experienced Logistics Supervisor who will guide the ‘local’ logistics team in receiving & delivering goods, whilst ensuring stock accuracy and customer focus. This will be a hands on role.
- Control the receipt of incoming goods & allocating to correct area.
- Challenge consumption rates.
- Checking goods for obvious damage / missing components.
- Supervise the pick of items as required.
- Supervise the loading and unloading lorries, with a focus on space / quality labels / utilisation / Health & Safety.
- Supervise the delivery of items (including PD’s & QI’s) to customer areas or correct storage location.
- Pull cycle count reports from chess and provide data to finance.
- Oversee the raising of QI’s.
- Measure the signing off process of PD’s & QI’s.
- Oversee the handling of After Sales orders.
- Oversee the handling of shop floor returns and undertake initiatives to reduce.
- Driving a tidy environment to appropriate & agreed 6’s requirements.
- Use of chess MRP (Material requirements planning) system to access and update information.
- Use of other business programmes to access and update information.
- Initiative to carry out improvement projects and act as day to day line supervisor for Logistics Operatives.
- Managing KPI’s focused on performance and labour capacity.
- Responsible for substantial levels of product/materials in their area (£10,000’s).
- Daily local decision making. Looks for process improvements and initiates with support from senior Logistics staff. Reports to Senior Logistics management team for agreement / authorisation.
- Previous Stores or Material control experience is essential
- Previous experience as a supervisor is essential, ideally within a Manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to demonstrate the control of goods in/Goods out
- Ideally have a FLT Counter Balance licence although not essential
If you are an experienced Senior Logistics Operative and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.