£30K inclusive of 20% Shift Premium
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Logistics Team Leader required to join the existing team in the dispatch department of a large manufacturing company based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be required to take full managerial responsibility for personnel in the despatch department. In accordance with the company objectives of Top Brand and safety, quality and profitability, which form the KPI’s of this job role, the Logistics Team Leader is expected to align their and day to day activities, linking them directly in to the measurable KPI’s that the company has set out, as well as displaying behaviours in line with the company’s values. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to utilise their leadership skills within a company that is synonymous with putting quality and innovation at the fore front of their ethos.
- Ensure compliance with the company quality standards and procedures –on time delivery, pick accuracy, storage and handling of parts, adherence to packaging standards, cycle counting and manage stock accuracy initiatives in line with the company’s strategy.
- Ensure compliance with the company health and safety policies and procedures – Including: Risk assessments, safety audits, PPE adherence, incident and accident reporting in accordance with set time frames.
- Efficiency by area – Manage, review and drive improvements in line with the company KPI, including any systems improvements.
- Daily output vs plan – Work with planning, production and sales to ensure daily targets and customer requirements are met, and in particular, driving on time delivery.
- Manning calculations and justification in line with volume requirements.
- Arrange/ensure personnel within area of responsibility have received the required training prior to undertaking their duties. No task should be undertaken without the correct training and sign off.
- HR activities: Recruitment & selection of staff, appraisals, reviews, engagement activities, performance management & improvement and investigatory and disciplinary hearings
- Improve and sustain continuous improvement initiatives in line with the 5’s standard and maintain the disciplines and adherence to within the areas of responsibility.
- Ensure that compliance with shift patterns, break and lunch times is adhered to by all respective personnel within the despatch department.
- Maintain and update SOPs within area of responsibility, ensuring documentation correctly reflects the current process and that those processes are followed.
- Investigate the root cause of customer complaints related to despatch, and work to achieve long term corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with the latest VAT and customs regulations.
- Assist the Logistics & Planning Manager with budgetary tasks and goals.
- Liaise and negotiate with external suppliers.
- Any other tasks or duties relevant to the role.
- Train and coach all employees in the area.
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Candidate Attributes required:
- Recent Supervisory experience gained from within a logistics environment.
- Certified to ILM level 3 or equivalent.
- IOSH managing safely certification.
- Excellent knowledge of materials handling and industry best practice.
- SAP experience preferred, however other MRP / ERP system experience may also be considered.
- Competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- The ability to communicate openly and effectively with team members and various departments
The successful candidate will be working a two shift weekly rotation comprising of Monday to Friday 06:00am to 14:00pm and Monday to Friday 14:15pm to 22:15pm.
If you are an experienced Logistics Team Leader, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.