£30k - 35k DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Engineer is expected to provide Maintenance, Process Improvement and Installation & Commissioning support primarily to Production but also to Facilities, Manufacturing Engineering and other departments on site. The role is biased towards electrical/electro-mechanical control system knowledge. The primary KPI is to reduce plant breakdowns through the proactive implementation of PPM and plant improvement activities. A key competence is the ability to analyse a program to identify and rectify any I/O faults.
- Support the Production team in resolving breakdowns
- Manage a series of process and machinery improvement projects
- Assist in installation and commissioning work
- Proactively identify training/skills development opportunities that will further competence and knowledge in the manufacturing processes
- Support the Man. Eng team in the installation and commissioning of new production lines, machines and equipment
- Proactively maintain machinery through the completion of planned preventative maintenance tasks
- Work to the company H&S procedures and proactively identify areas where H&S can be improved
- Provide regular feedback to the Man. Eng. Team on maintenance issues that cannot be resolved within the team and may impact on future NPI design
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- NVQ Level 5/City & Guilds/HND or higher equivalent electrical/electro-mechanical qualification
- General understanding of mechanical control principles
- IT literacy – MS Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook
- experience in an engineering/maintenance based role within a multi-functional manufacturing facility, with a bias on electrical maintenance
- PLC Experience – Ability to analyse a program, identify and rectify any I/O faults
If you are have the relevant experience and are looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.