£27000 - £40000 per annum
Job Type :
Manufacturing Design Engineer wanted for a fantastic design company based nr Totnes! This is a varied role where you will be involved in the design and manufacturing of structures and products! This is a busy but great role!
What will you be doing in Totnes?
- Ensuring all manufacturing documentation is created and audited for each project.
- Work closely with the design and manufacturing team on streamlining process from design to manufacture.
- Use CAD experience (preference Solidworks) in the day to day role.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing methods, ensuring that they are clearly defined and controlled effectively.
- Working as the manufacturing point of contact for all projects, where you will be required to have a strong involvement in the approval of concessions, rework sheets and all other associated actions/documentation to support operational activities.
- Working with the wider Design Engineering team to identify improvement initiatives, utilising a structured approach to identifying and implementing potential process changes within an agreed timescale.
- Solving manufacturing problems and resolving internal and external issues.
- Regular, planned review of customer specifications, feeding back any updates into the manufacturing process.
- Support in the collection of data for estimates, technical and manufacturing proposals.
- Check detail drawings to ensure that they are consistent with, and capable of, conveying the manufacturing requirement to deliver the intent shown in the arrangement; also checking there is sufficient detail to enable the item to be manufactured using current and economical methods.
Skills and experience:
- Ideally Degree, HND, HNC qualified.
- Have proven history of maintaining good working relationships with suppliers/customers, both written and verbally.
- Able to interpret and apply engineering, quality and H&S standards and specifications.
- Be Self-motivated, organised with excellent time management skills.
- Strong ‘team player’, utilising all available resources to get the best result. Be happy to get involved in things outside your arena.
- Engineering/manufacturing focused with a commercial awareness.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate including MS Office.
- Strong understanding Engineering drawings.
- CAD experience (preference Solidworks).
For more information, please apply online and call Steve Clarke at TQR Exeter!