Depending on experience
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experience Manufacturing engineer required for International manufacturer based in Plymouth, the successful applicant will be required to provide resource support to manufacturing operations for the development and implementation of processes enabling Safety, Cost, Quality, and Delivery. Also, to review and identify ‘levers’ to improve the process, and deploy standards across the whole Operation.
To support the implementation of New Product Introduction (NPI) initiatives with a strong link back to future New Product Development (NPD) and Advanced Operations team. To reduce lead-time and waste in the business, in conjunction with the Operations Managers ensuring that a lean continuous improvement ethos is fully embedded within the process. To be part of the Manufacturing Engineering Team and work as one across all of the operations to deliver positive business improvement, structure, and culture.
- To implement cost savings through lean and continuous improvement activities in the creation of workable procedures that safely and efficiently resolve out of process tasks.
- Identify opportunities using ‘A3 thinking’; share the opportunity, and drive through operational improvements that deliver results.
- Provide empirical and data analysis with KPI’s, which aid/support decision making.
- To work with and support manufacturing teams to generate, develop, and agree on methods to improve the productivity/flow of existing systems/processes and then install them.
- To reduce Non-Value Added (NVA) work.
- Ensure improvement initiatives are monitored and progressing to plan with actions and measures recorded. In essence, Project manage a wide variety of initiatives and liaise across departments to ensure a ‘SMART’ set of objectives are met.
- Define build stages, set standard build sequence to planned Takt rate, manning requirements and facility constraints.
- To own the Bill Of Materials (BOM) for specific production lines and to manage them through the production life of the build.
- To manage and own change for the business and be responsible for the up keep of product specific changes that affect build time, material change or standard work.
- Assist in the identification of changes that give rise to a requirement of Capex and therefore enable smooth introduction.
- Oversee and manage facility changes, with the support of the Facilities team, when implementing a new process or NPI.
- Conduct both ‘Cost Vs Benefit’ or ‘Make Vs Buy’ justification to ensure effort generates an expected economical business case.
- Develop Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Schedules in line with Production, Planning, Facilities, and Development to reduce operational downtime and improve productivity.
- Design and deploy standardised jigs, fixtures and tooling for the production line(s).
- Develop 5S protocol to manage jig, fixtures and tooling use.
- Embrace training in lean techniques and train employees when required. In addition, identify and highlight training needs as systems and processes change.
- Assist in new tooling introduction and defining the calibration requirements.
- Support the implementation of a continuous improvement & quality culture.
- Technical acumen with high degree of logical intelligence.
- Exceptional analytical ability with practical approach to problem-solving.
- Fast learner with high degree of self-motivation and initiative to learn.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Broad knowledge of spreadsheet based solutions and possesses good software acumen. Familiarity with MRP / ERP systems would be favourable.
- Excellent communication & presentational skills with the confidence to convey messages aligned to the audience.
- Natural Team working, resourcefulness and self-motivation with ability to motivate others but with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Ability to work well under pressure and take on new challenges.
- A good organisation and time management skills.
- It’s favourable to have a awareness of Health and Safety practices, policies and regulations with a common-sense approach.
- MSOffice advanced user preferable – Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- CAD experience is desirable.
- Experience of lean techniques including: VSM, Kaizen, Poke yoke, 5S, TPM, SMED, etc
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Engineering is desirable or Equivalent Manufacturing Experience.
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering HND, BTEC Professional Level 5 Award, or equivalent NVQ Level 5 qualifications.
- Able to demonstrate experience of working within a manufacturing environment with a strong engineering background where possible.
- Career-minded individual looking to develop. Learn by experience approach. Tenacious, driven, and eager mindset.
- Broad communication skills and able to motivate others.
- Ability to work in a productive team.
- Desirable experience in managing and embedding a lean culture within a manufacturing environment.
If you have the relevant experiences listed above and are currently looking for a challenging role, then please submit an up to date CV by clicking the ‘apply’ button.
For informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for David Many thanks for your interest.