No. of Openings :
Job Type :
This is a very hands-on position within a busy production environment. You will be working with, and leading a team of skilled and semi-skilled operators including; setters, spray painters, assembly operators and clean room operators and you will also be responsible for the allocation of work and resource. This role will be on SWING SHIFT (6AM to 2PM week 1 & 2PM to 10PM week 2).
To be successful, you’ll need to be able to execute the production plan and proactively identify, raise and where possible correct any issues that may impact Quality, Cost, Safety and Delivery. The existing team work on a range of equipment and adhere to a number of policies and procedures, including compliance to industry standards. You will be leading a production team cell of up to 15 team members.
- Working as part of the team, being the lead in raising quality issues and run rates
- Recording appropriate metrics to monitor adherence to production schedules, right first time batch records and training schedules
- To set-up production equipment to ensure correct functionality and calibration and pat-testing compliance
- Operate production equipment and automated systems within the validated process parameters
- Ensure all quality checks are completed in a timely manner and a right first time philosophy is rigorously adopted
- Identify issues for continuous improvement that will enhance efficiency or product integrity i.e. (fit, form or finish)
- Participation in probationary reviews, appraisals, welcome back meetings, etc
- Support the Production Training Officer in completing personal competency matrix plans and agree and implement any local competency requirements that have been identified Ensure operator adherence to timekeeping and that HSE protocols are adhered to at all times
- To support and participate in risk assessments as required and to support and raise near miss reports helping the reduction in accident levels
- Keep the workplace tidy, safe and organised ensuring targeted 6S standards are met at all times
- 2 to 5 years of comparable manufacturing operations industry experience
- Commitment to work towards professional accreditation with an industry related body
- Experience of leading small group activities to drive improvement ideas
- Basic IT skills and knowledge of packages such as Excel and Standard Analyses
- Basic knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques and recognised QC tools
- Basic knowledge of Health & Safety and environmental practices
- Basic knowledge of Quality standards
- Understanding of production costs to include; waste, downtime, scrap and re-work
- Working knowledge of IS systems
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing basics; problem solving techniques, visual management, 6S
If you have the relevant experience and have an interest in this opportunity, please submit an up to date CV and I will be in touch to discuss the next steps!
For an informal chat regarding this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.