£32000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type :
We are looking for a Costing Engineer in our Newton Abbot office. This role will be working 39 hours week within an Engineering setting. You will be able to multi task and work at a variable pace. An eye for details here is important, as is a personal personality.
What will you get?
- Paying £32,000 – £35,000
- To work within a great team
- Company Pension
- Company Life Insurance
- Bonus Scheme
- Staff Canteens with free Coffee//Tea
- Free on-site Parking
- 25 days holiday
What will you be doing?
- Analyse technical documents, and drawings to determine required specifications.
- Liaise with Sales and Engineering to ensure orders and quotations are costed accurately and efficiently.
- Develop accurate cost estimates by assessing material, labour, equipment, and other associated expanses.
- Ensure compliance with relevant company, industry, and classification society requirements.
- Manage the procurement process of engineering parts, materials, and services.
- Work closely with suppliers, evaluate bids, proposals, specifications, and lead times.
- Identify cost saving opportunities and improvements.
- Liaise with current suppliers and seek out new ones.
- Assist in the development of in-house processes.
What you will need to have to do this role?
- Qualification or high level of experience in engineering related field.
- Experience in cost analysis, estimation within an engineering environment.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with ability to interpret data and present findings.
- Comprehensive IT skills with experience of using Excel, Microsoft office and other management packages.
- Proficient in using computer-aided design (CAD) to interpret customer drawings.
- Flexible approach to work and colleagues.
- Be a team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with positive ‘Can do’ attitude with initiative and enthusiasm.
- A marine or engineering background/interest is preferable but not essential.
- Willingness to travel to visit customers and Industry events UK and Abroad s required.
Please apply online and call Steve in the Exeter office for more information.