Up to £40K DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Planning Professional required to join large, well established precision engineering company based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be required to take the lead with scheduling and planning within a fast paced manufacturing environment, and is very much suited to a candidate who thrives on working within planning in an operational, hands on position such as this.
- Monitor schedule adherence and following up with root cause analysis on any schedules that are missed.
- Be the planning process owner of ERP system requirements.
- Maintain data integrity of ERP planning parameters.
- Capture forecasts, customer demands and other important factors to produce a schedule that maintains planning standards and can be adhered to.
- Communicate effectively with Operations Business Unit Managers.
- Pushing continuous improvement methods whenever possible.
- Produce regular KPIs reports.
- Work with purchasing team to ensure accurate demand for any materials that are due in.
- Rectify and/or reconcile differences and inaccuracies that have to do with shipment and deliveries to customers.
Essential Experience, Skills and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Recent, proven Planning experience within a manufacturing or engineering environment. This role would also suit a candidate with planning experience who is also looking for the next step up into a more senior level role within planning.
- A degree in Business Studies or a similar related discipline.
- Good IT skills, including ERP/MRP systems, SAP and Microsoft office.
- Highly logical and analytical approach coupled with excellent reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to motivate other employees when needed.
- Must exhibit a high level of flexibility and an ability to multi-task at all times.
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
- Must possess good reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- A natural organiser with good planning skills.
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday to Friday 08:15am to 16:15pm, with a degree of flexibility on start and finish times providing that core hours are worked.
If you feel you have the skills and attributes listed above for this position, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.