Up to £33K DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Material and Inventory Controller required for large Manufacturer based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that correct materials are provided to all manufacturing departments at the correct time in order to ensure on time delivery to the customer. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global manufacturer who puts Quality and Innovation and the fore front of their ethos.
- To review customer schedules and ensure requirements can be satisfied from existing orders
- Prepare EPO, converting purchase requisitions into orders and send to supplier, Prepare and send forecast to supplier – MRP plan format.
- To ensure orders are confirmed by supplier and confirmation dates are updated in SAP within 2 weeks of placing purchase order to give latest visibility to rest of business. Once confirmation dates are amended report any foreseeable issues to relevant department, so responsibility for transport method is agreed or orders are managed to meet the availability date. Deal with Invoice query reconciliation
- Ensure relationships with Suppliers are established and developed. Negotiations with suppliers (costs, SLA’s). Manage RFQ process where required. Work continually with all suppliers to reduce lead-time and price for component delivery
- Co-ordination/Administration of the Return to Supplier process. Create and send shortage report to suppliers. Daily review of exceptions currently highlighted by short report / Material Monitor and ensure planners / sales are informed promptly of any availability issues and what action is being taken to counter them. Ensure Manager is made aware of any potential supply issues and actions to resolve on a timely basis.
- Daily review of air and sea freight requirements and advise supplier. Cancel, postpone, expedite orders as required to meet schedule and reduce dead stock and high levels of WIP
- Review offers of early delivery options, work with sales to offer earlier service to customer
- Be multi-functional within the team – cover role of other Material and Inventory Controllers as required
- Ensure inventory is maintained to a minimum level as possible
- Daily review of order change requests and supply chain holds
- Plan for the phase in and phase out of products and highlight any resulting, redundant stock risks to Manager and other relevant departments
- Be aware of NPI material requirements and ensure schedules meet requirements, highlighting potential issues to Manager and other relevant parties
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the supply chain processes and where possible look to remove none value added activities.
- To be integral in developing a concise workflow and instructions for all individual tasks undertaken, culminating in a material management manual for all Material & Inventory Controllers
- Analysis of MRP outputs prior to sending to suppliers/Monitoring of market trends
- Source new material and resource existing items to ensure competitive purchasing
- Establish and maintain master data for new parts as well as maintenance on existing parts
- Update SAP as required – e.g. annual price review from KHI, SAP new parts (clear ‘purchasing’ master data for bought parts & PIR and Source List for vendor parts
- Respond to sales team enquires and requests in a timely manner
- Support localisation projects as required as well as cost down activities
- Attend relevant meetings to provide material schedules, issues, etc as agreed with
- Collate and communicate Supplier Performance KPI to Manager. Follow up Supplier Performance, logging all root cause analysis information
- Issue individual scorecards to all strategic suppliers and carry out action plan for any supplier issues. Achieve material glide path inventory reduction, set up according to business strategy.
- Interact with other departments so that commitments to common goals are met
- Monitor and work towards lead time reductions, Supplier lead times as well as customer lead times.
Experience, Qualifications & Candidate Attributes Required:
- Degree educated within an associated discipline such as Business Studies, Business Administration, Supply Chain management etc.
- Recent, proven experience as a Material or Inventory Controller gained from within an Engineering or Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Data driven and an excellent problem solver with a methodical and logical approach to solving issues.
- Strong excel knowledge with experience of creating pivot tables, using formulae, macros etc.
If you are an experienced Material and / or Inventory Controller & are seeking a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.