£11.45 pr hr (Salary equivalent £22,625)
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Material / Waste Controller required for large manufacturing company in Plymouth. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for all components/materials from unloading to delivering exact quantities to the shop floor in a timely manner. Reporting to the Production Manager you will be required to measure waste for all areas ensuring BOM updates are communicated and managed effectively in an efficient, effective and safe manner to control costs. The role will also include Identifying and supporting new cost saving initiatives to reduce lead-time and waste within the department, under the guidance of the Managers to ensure that continuous improvement is fully embedded within the processes, structure and culture of the area.
- Unload components when required (from internal and external suppliers) update database accordingly.
- Check kits (wood, plastic, metal) from feeder factories for identification and shortages, follow reporting process for any deviations.
- Delivering correct materials/quantities to the production lines on time.
- Responsible for ordering stock and ensuring stock rotation is adhered to.
- Monitor and investigate waste.
- Implement cost savings initiatives through continuous improvement activities.
- Collate daily issues / problems and discuss with department Manager.
- Use database to resolve issues.
- Liaise with other departments to avoid any unnecessary disruption to production lines.
Experience, Knowledge and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Minimum of twelve months shop floor experience with proven knowledge and understanding of materials used in the production environment is essential.
- Computer literate specifically with Excel, Word is essential.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with a confidential manner.
- Good team building skills and a drive to progress within the operation.
- Knowledge of lean processes and Continuous Improvement would be highly beneficial
- MRP understanding would be highly beneficial.
This is a Temporary to Permanent opportunity for the successful candidate.
If you are an experience Material or Waste Controller and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.