£11.40 per hour (Alternating Shifts) £12.82 per hour (Nights shift)
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Temp to Perm
Mechanical Assemblers required on a temporary to permanent basis for large manufacturing company based in Plymouth. The successful candidates will be required to carry out detailed mechanical assembly, quality control and have an excellent eye for detail. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to further their manufacturing career within an engineering company which puts quality and innovation at the heart of it’s ethos.
- Assembly of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Reading engineering drawings.
- Using digital and analogue measuring equipment such as Vernier’s and micrometres.
- Quality Inspection of finished products prior to dispatch.
Experience and Attributes required:
- Assembly experience gained from an Engineering based manufacturing environment is essential. If you have gained experience from either Marine Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering this would be highly beneficial.
- Previous experience of reading engineering drawings is essential.
- Previous experience of using analogue and digital measuring equipment such as Vernier’s and micrometres is essential.
- An excellent eye for detail with the desire to learn.
NVQ’s based courses in Engineering would be desirable, although not essential.
Successful candidates must be able to work weekly alternating shifts comprising of Monday to Friday – 06:00am – 14:00pm and Monday to Friday 14:15pm – 22:15pm, or static night shift of Monday to Friday 22:00pm to 06:00am. Due to the rotating shift pattern own transport would be preferred, although is not essential.
These are temporary to permanent positions for candidates who demonstrate the diligence and willingness to succeed.
If you have relevant Engineering or Manufacturing experience, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.