£25,000/annum Flexible Salary + Benefits
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are seeking an experienced Product Design Engineer, ideally with a mechanical background, to provide technical assistance to the internal Engineering and Business Development teams as well as clients. Your core responsibilities will focus around engineering support for Research and Technology projects.
With an emphasis on internal and collaborative funded projects, you will; design mechanical and/or electrical equipment and tooling, develop new ideas, processes and test methods, as well as carrying out practical work to support project outcomes and the New Product Introduction (NPI) process.
You will be joining a market-leading, innovative and dynamic team with unrivalled experience who seek to build strong and long-term relationships with both customers and suppliers alike. This business is incredibly supportive of personal progression and training, with an open mind they work with clear determination to continuously improve and respond positively to the challenges presented.
- Primary role to undertake engineering work for company R&T projects/programmes.
- Work to meet project objectives; timescales, budgets, etc.
- Communicate with project partners, stakeholders and team members to ensure successful outcomes.
- Provide clear, professional and competent support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaboratively work on and provide support to other projects, colleagues and departments.
- Research, investigate and identify solutions for engineering problems.
- Research and develop initial design concepts.
- Carry our experimentation, demonstrations, data collection and analysis as required.
- Make recommendations regarding design specifications to ensure solution matches requirements.
- Draft 2D manufacturing drawings, technical / design specifications and detailed 3D design and equipment.
- Create successful outcomes in terms of Project objectives or New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Complete all work required for NPI process, collaborating with other teams as required.
- Provide in-house support with build, commissioning and testing.
- Produce supporting documentation including build drawings and technical documentation, instruction manuals, training guides, etc.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety standards, polices and procedures. (CI, UK or International).
- Ensure compliance with company processes and systems.
- Maintain sector technical expertise and knowledge of innovative and emerging technology.
- Engineering degree or equivalent + minimum 1 year’s experience.
- Proficient in 3D modelling (Autodesk Inventor).
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office + General IT Skills.
- Knowledge and practical hands on experience of composites processing ideally.
- Strong theoretical knowledge of mechanical engineering principles.
- Experienced in a diverse range of complex design projects from concept to production.
- Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to understand and interpret information and data for the proper performance of engineering projects.
- Awareness of relevant design tools, techniques and methods for composite sector.
- Experience and understanding of the importance of document management.
- Up to date knowledge of current CE legislation and standards.
- Experienced in using Project Management tools and techniques.
- Organised and methodical approach to completing work tasks and managing ones own workload.
- Demonstrable strong but calm independent analytical and problem solving abilities in challenging, stressful situations (including working across different time zones).
- Ability to prioritise tasks and processes.
- Ability to use ones owns initiative, self-motivate and be confident in decision making.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to listen and clearly articulate/present technical information to clients and other stakeholders over the phone and in person.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to work in small teams on multiple concurrent projects.
- A strong desire for life long learning to continually broaden and improve personal capability, including maintaining sector technical knowledge and seeking out emerging engineering trends and innovations.
Full Driving License and in date Passport are a necessity, as you will be required to travel for project meetings both in the UK and overseas when the need arises. This is a rare opportunity for an individual with a unique skillset to grow their experience and progress into a more senior role within a well sought after and highly reputable business. If you think you have what it takes, please submit your up to date CV now and I will be in touch to discuss the details, as well as next steps!
For an informal chat regarding this role, please call 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.