£29k Plus 25% shift Premium (working 1 in 4 on late shift)
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer required for a leading precision engineering company based in Plymouth. We are seeking a high-calibre individual, with proven skills to work within the Maintenance Department. The successful candidate will provide an effective source and effective & prompt Service in Mechanical diagnosis, repair and rebuild of site plant, Production Equipment, premises & services ensuring that objectives/targets for cost, quality and timeliness are achieved.
The successful candidate will responsible for preventative maintenance on machines and equipment as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant; involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines; overhaul and repair of machines and equipment. Ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose. Applicants will be highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to undertake shift work.
- Carry out all the duties and responsibilities of a Maintenance Fitter, Mechanical.
- Carry out all the duties and responsibilities of a Spindle Repair Fitter.
- Prepare and maintain all associated project, training/operating/preventative maintenance, documentation/instructions/manuals.
- Establish and fully maintain all associated record systems, whether hard copy of bespoke computer software orientated.
- Carry out all major service requirements on all modern technology plant and equipment.
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant task records maintenance via established systems within the department.
- Assist with mechanical design and fabrication of plant machinery and test equipment.
- Compile technical engineering drawings for all plant, machinery, components and control systems that have been manufactured or modified by the Company.
- Undertake every task to the highest possible quality standard and to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction through the adherence to proper procedures at all times.
- Carry out related duties as and when required.
After training, be actively involved in:
- Principles and controls associated with Environmental Management as applicable to ISO 14001
- Health & Safety within the workplace.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience / Qualifications required
- Technical education to an appropriate City and Guilds standard
- Proven experience having worked as a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer from within a Precision Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship
- Rudimentary turning, grinding, hydraulics equipment, plumbing
- Mechanical machine fitting and fabrication
The successful candidate will primarily work day shift comprising of Monday to Friday 07:00am to 15:00pm, however this person must be willing and able to work one back shift of 3pm to 11pm every month.
If you are an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For further information please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.