No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are working with a leading designer and manufacturer who supplies products and services to aerospace, defence, space, telecoms and research markets. Based in Bodmin U.K., we are committed to provide high-quality, high-performance precision products worldwide. Our products are industry leaders and are challenging to manufacture, requiring an ability to work to fine tolerances.
We seek a Multi-skilled Machinist able to operate both CNC and manual milling machines and lathes. Our machining facility comprises of Fanuc Robodrill CNC Mills and Mazak CNC Lathes so experience with Fanuc and Mazatrol programming is desirable. For CAM programming we use EdgeCAM so previous experience is desirable, but training will be given.
We offer a 4 day, 38 hour working week Monday to Thursday with opportunities to work Friday overtime, in addition to 5 weeks holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Setting/Operating manual Milling and Turning machines to the standard set and run times
- Create, load, examine and modify CNC programmes;
- Set up tools and load materials onto CNC machine;
- Carry out machining of components;
- Monitor the quality of components, including first-off inspection (and CMM inspection would be an advantage);
- Use initiative to suggest improvements to tooling selection and method of manufacture;
- Interpret drawings, identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements;
- Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives;
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat and tidy;
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Machine Shop Supervisor.
- Ideally applicants will have served an apprenticeship and have expertise in using a variety of both CNC and manual milling and turning machines;
- Used to working to fine tolerances with non-ferrous materials (of the order of 20microns);
- CNC setter/operator with experience of CAD / CAM programming;
- Able to interpret engineering drawings;
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment;
- Able to work under own initiative;
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach;
- Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times;
- Eligible to work in UK.
- FANUC, Mazatrol and EdgeCAM experience desirable, but training will be given.
If you are an experienced Multi Skilled Machinist with the necessary qualifications as listed above and are looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Stephen. Many thanks for your interest.