Up to £30,000
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are working with a Bodmin based Family run business who designs and manufactures specialist products supplying to several industry sectors including SATCOM & Spaceflight, Telecommunications 5G & 6G and Aerospace & Defence. As a market-leader in their field, they are committed to providing high-quality, high-performance precision products worldwide.
They are looking to recruit a Multi-skilled Machinist to operate both CNC and manual milling machines and lathes. Their machining facility comprises of Fanuc Robodrill CNC Mills and Mazak CNC Lathes so experience with Fanuc and Mazatrol programming is highly desirable.
The hours of work are Monday to Thursday 08:00 to 17:00 – Total 38 hours.
- Setting/Operating manual Milling and Turning machines to the standard set and run times
- Create, load, examine and modify CNC programmes
- Set up tools and load materials onto CNC machine
- Carry out machining of components
- Monitor the quality of components, including first-off inspection (and CMM inspection would be an advantage)
- Use initiative to suggest improvements to tooling selection and method of manufacture
- Interpret drawings, identify and report drawing errors and suggest improvements
- Work with managers and supervisors to implement the Company’s policies and business objectives
- Make a positive contribution to maintaining a workplace that is healthy, safe, neat and tidy
- Carry out any other duties reasonable within capability as required by the Machine Shop Supervisor
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Ideally applicants will have served an apprenticeship and have expertise in using a variety of both CNC and manual milling and turning machines
- Used to working to fine tolerances with non-ferrous materials (of the order of 20microns)
- CNC setter/operator with experience of CAD / CAM programming
- Able to interpret engineering drawings
- Able to use a wide variety of measuring equipment
- Able to work under own initiative
- Flexible, courteous, friendly and positive approach
- Discretion, confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Eligible to work in UK.
- FANUC, Mazatrol and EdgeCAM experience desirable, but training will be given
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up-to-date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533