£32K to £38K DOE (Rotating) £38K to £40K (Nights) Inclusive of Shift Premiums
Job Type :
Experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer required for industry leading manufacturer on the outskirts of Plymouth. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role within the team carrying out both planned and reactive maintenance work on special purpose built machinery. This is a varied and challenging role with training and technical progression available.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Identify repeat problems and assist in the corrective actions to remove the cause.
- Fault diagnosis and repairs on electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, steam and robotic machinery.
- Responding to all machinery breakdowns in a timely manner to minimalise downtime.
- Ensure PPM activities are carried out within scheduled times.
- Implement and support TPM/PPM across the site.
- Assist with machinery moves; Work with the production team to assist with the installation of new machinery, commissioning and decommissioning of machinery.
- Liaise with external contractors if required.
- Be responsible for meeting individual KPI’s.
- Be aware of hazards around the site, and be proactive in identifying them and supporting removal of hazards identified by others.
- Actively champion Health and Safety, ensuring a safe workplace for all staff.
Experience / Qualifications and Candidate Attributes Required:
- HNC/HND or minimum NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Proven experience of working as a multi skilled Maintenance Engineer within a manufacturing environment coupled with specific experience of both planned and reactive maintenance.
- Excellent problem solving skills coupled with excellent fault-finding and diagnostic skills and an awareness of appropriate health and safety regulations.
- An excellent team player, with the ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to read and interpret Engineering Drawings.
Company Benefits available:
- Training and Development.
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays
- Life assurance (1x your annual salary)
- 5 year loyalty bonus
- Discounts with major retailers
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme.
The successful candidate will be required to work a weekly alternating shift pattern comprising of Monday to Friday 06:00am – 14:00pm & Monday to Friday 14:00pm – 22:00pm or Static Night Shift comprising of Monday to Friday 22:00pm to 06:00am.
If you are an experienced Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton or Geraldine Ives.