No. of Openings :
Job Type :
TQR are proud to be working alongside a reputable and thriving drainage and civil engineering company that has been a driving force in the South-West for over 30 years. With a growing portfolio of clients and multiple long-term contracts, they are experiencing exponential growth and are looking for a range of personnel to join their family-owned business.
Current opportunity for an Operational Lead Planner to join our clients Plympton depot team and contribute to their mission of delivering efficient and compliant reactive repairs to the wastewater network. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a strong work ethic and a commitment to safety and excellence.
- You will be responsible for reviewing and sanitising work instructions received from clients, ensuring clarity and compliance.
- Assist the planning team by conducting desktop scope of works to facilitate efficient project planning.
- Collaborate with the planning team to support the design of traffic management solutions in line with safety regulations.
- Play a crucial role in maintaining and closing street work permits, ensuring smooth project execution.
- Manage materials and plant procurement to ensure timely availability for projects.
- Maintain regular communication with clients, providing progress updates and coordinating work basket priorities.
- Assist the operations team in delivering efficient and compliant reactive repairs to the wastewater network.
The above list is not exhaustive but gives a guide to the work undertaken and the qualities required of a successful candidate.
- Ideally, you have previous experience in the utilities and construction sector, demonstrating a strong understanding of industry practices.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing robust health, safety, and risk management procedures.
- Familiarity with streetworks, especially traffic control and excavation within the highway, is highly advantageous.
- Proficiency in drainage systems and related processes is a plus.
- Understanding of temporary works principles and practices is beneficial.
- Exceptional organisational skills to manage tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, for client interactions and team collaboration.
- Possession of a full UK driving license.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive and negotiable salary up to £30,000 depending on experience.
- A comprehensive pension scheme.
- 28-days annual leave.
- Option to buy up to 5-days extra holiday.
- Up to 5 additional days holiday awarded incrementally for long service.
- Health Cash Plan.
- Wellness programme.
- Access to an accredited training academy, providing industry-led courses for your ongoing professional development.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Discount voucher scheme.
If you have the experience and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up-to-date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Carl or Geraldine. Many thanks for your interest.