£10.63 p/h (Day shift) to 13.16 p/h (Weekend & late shift)
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Temp to Perm
We currently require experienced paint preppers for opportunities at one of the largest manufacturer’s in Plymouth. Duties will include spot repair work, filling, rubbing and polishing. Familiarity with die grinders and DA sanders would be desirable. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a world class manufacturer at a time of continued growth.
- Fill, rub, buff and polish (Flash lines and spot fills). Work through grades of paper, correct use of catalyst. Finishing, waxing. Familiar with small hand tools. Recognise and understand chemicals and materials used.
- Minor split work. Small distortion repair, breakout repairs, basic laminating skills. Familiar with die grinder and DA sander.
- Colour repairs, major split work, large distortion repairs, forming profiles and shapes, seam blending.
- Proficient with colour repairs, minor mould repairs, star cracks repair, blending repairs.
- Able to assist in structural repairs with immediate laminating skills. Capable of moderate tracking repairs.
Experience and Attributes Required:
- Previous experience of paint prep work ideally gained from an automotive or industrial background is essential.
- Previous experience of using die grinders and DA sanders desirable.
- A keen enthusiastic attitude with a willingness to succeed and progress.
These are temporary to permanent opportunity for the right candidates. Successful candidates must be able to work either a late shift comprising of Monday to Thursday 15:00 – 00:30 or weekend shift comprising of Friday, Saturday and Sunday 06:00am to 18:00pm at a rate of £13.16 p/h. There is also a week day rotating shift Monday to Thursday 06:00 – 15:00 / 15:00 – 00:00 at a rate of £10.63 p/h.
If you are an experienced Paint Prepper and feel that you have the experience listed above and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Geraldine Ives. Many thanks for your interest.