No. of Openings :
Job Type :
16+ hours at £13.50 p/h
I am working with a client who is looking for an experienced Accountant/Bookkeeper to work on a part time basis at their office based in Plymouth. This is an exciting role for someone who likes flexible working hours and a friendly team environment. The successful candidate will ideally have up to date knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Rules and recent experience of Excel. You would also be part of the implementation of a new accounting software package, so previous involvement in implementing new systems would be advantageous.
- Monitoring company accounts and conducting quarterly reviews.
- Accounts payable.
- Accounts receivable.
- Profit-and-loss statements.
- Tax preparation.
- Expense reports.
- Cost reduction proposals.
- Budgets and forecasting activities.
- Conducting internal audits for policy adherence.
- Preparing year-end file for audit and dealing with queries.
- Presenting budgets and reports to upper management.
- Working alongside the Office/Finance Manager.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- AAT Qualified / Qualified by experience.
- Ability to carry out basic analysis of management information.
- Purchase Ledger including supplier payments and statement reconciliations.
- Reconciliation of all control accounts including bank and creditors ledger.
- Process of monthly payroll.
- VAT Returns.
- Management of the business P&L’s and business cashflow.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work using their own initiative and as part of a team.
- Other general administrative duties to be fulfilled.
- 2 year’s relevant experience with the Solicitors Accounting Rules.
- Working with Moneysoft.
- Previous involvement with implementing new systems.
If you have up to date knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Rules and are AAT Qualified, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.