Up to £40K DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Planning Supervisor required for large manufacturer based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be required to manage the planning activities of our client’s manufacturing site whilst exceeding demanding customer requirements. You will be responsible for managing, coaching, mentoring and developing the planning team and will require continuous improvement of the process to achieve desired results in line with company values. The role involves leading and coordinating our client’s Planning improvement program in a cross-functional organisation. You will have a customer focused approach giving adequate support to, Sales, Purchasing and Manufacturing, in order to achieve targets, drive improvements, improve profitability and reduce waste. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global Manufacturer who puts quality and innovation at the fore front of their ethos.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the planning operation and for motivating, inspiring, and encouraging all staff to take the required actions to ensure business objectives are met.
- Provide the resource to support systems improvements, either personally or from the team, especially in planning processes with the aim of performing all planning activities inside SAP.
- Monitor and maintain an effective finite production planning system in SAP, in order to produce an executable plan to the shop floor. Processes should be aligned for all manufactured products.
- Implement and manage a robust system for calculating and establishing the correct level of safety stock for WIP manufactured parts, in order to meet customer requirements, in line with sales agreements and SLA.
- Responsible for managing the process of identifying and disposing of obsolete manufactured stock on a regular basis and work with sales to reduce and eliminate.
- Own and improve, through accurate process discipline, correct master data in SAP for which planning is responsible.
- Attend and where necessary lead the daily Forwards and Overdues production meetings to drive on time delivery improvements in the production, purchasing, planning and logistics teams.
- Work with the finite planners and production to drive the correct inventory levels through improvements in the manufacturing environment to establish a materials service level acceptable to the business.
- Provide an effective long term capacity plan to the Business.
- Ensure all planning tasks are covered with Standard Operating Procedures, maintain and keep up to date to reflect the current process within the department.
- Communicate plan changes data to the relevant departments and work with them to enable the required improvement activities, with the goal to achieve, no changes within the fixed planning window.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are continually developed and correctly identified and maintained within the planning team.
- Attend, support, and where required, assist with sales to provide cover for the Master Scheduler and leads the S&OP meeting.
- Work with sales and materials to enable a minimum but effective order hold process – make recommendations to change and improve where possible.
- Produce the weekly revenue risk report and provide feedback to the business on potential risks.
- Manage completion of any toolbox talk actions raised, in line with the business priorities – safety, quality and profitability. Undertake the tool box meeting in the absence of the Planning and Materials Manager.
- Organise and develop cross training to ensure full coverage of all key planning tasks.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Attributes to apply for this role:
- Proven leadership experience in planning from either a Manufacturing or Engineering environment. Experienced in Planning management.
- SAP experience.
- Proactive and Strategic thinker with exceptional analytical skills. Excellent attention to detail coupled with a customer focused approach and excellent communication skills.
If you are an experienced Senior Planner with leadership experience, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.