£24K rising to £26K after successful completion of probation
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Planning Support Coordinator required for large manufacturing company in Plymouth. The successful candidate will support experienced Production / Site Planners to ensure that daily progress reports are created and shared in line with process and production requirements. This is an excellent opportunity for an analytically minded, data driven candidate to forge a career within Production Planning, with the view to progressing into an experienced Production Planning role in the future.
- Liaise with Production Management to identify, prioritise and communicate critical part shortages to the internal and external supply bases, through use of the IBOS system.
- Pull materials required for the next build phases on the production lines at the appropriate times, so as to optimise WIP value and physical space requirements.
- Support Production Planner in facilitating development and sequencing of work packages.
- To monitor supply delivery performance vs commitment from the supply chain.
- Ensuring materials are available for production according to the schedule timelines and manage effectively optimum inventory levels on the line.
- Highlight and escalate major material problems to the business and robustly expedite critical part shortages, have a clear understanding of build status and constraints.
- Weekly meetings with production to validate forward plan.
- Monitoring, reporting and solutions to capacity constraints and bottlenecks.
The above list of responsibilities are not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties which are appropriate to this position.
Experience and Candidate Attributes Required:
- An analytically minded candidate with the ability to interrogate data relating to materials in order to support production processes.
- One to two years experience in a similar planning support role within a production / engineering environment would be preferred, however candidates from other planning support backgrounds may also be considered.
- This role would also suit a recent graduate with a degree in a relevant discipline such as Mathematics or Business Studies, however other qualifications such as a HNC or HND in relevant disciplines such as these may also be considered.
If you feel you meet the criteria listed above and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.