Please Apply with Salary Expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced PLC Controls Systems Engineer required to work for Global manufacturer at their Plymouth based site. The successful candidate will be responsible providing control system support with the implementation of cost reduction, process improvement and capital addition programs. In addition, as the Controls Engineer you will provide support for software and control systems equipment associated with the manufacturing areas across the plant.
If you would like to work for a company that will offer you a career path & fantastic benefits package then look no further!
- Control and develop equipment software revision and supporting documentation.
- Plan, design and specify improvements to existing processes to improve productivity and efficiency and minimise risk from component obsolescence.
- Innovate, design, and specify new processes to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Advise on where control system upgrades would enhance equipment performance.
- Ensure that the manufacturing teams are issued with all the relevant software documentation, procedures, drawings, and parts lists in the technical construction file.
- Maintain the site control system specifications and standards for equipment.
- Ensure that software and control systems have been validated to the relevant standards.
- Support the Operational Technical teams with breakdown and fault-finding requests
- Carry out other duties as deemed appropriate by the Operational Technology Leader.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Candidate Attributes Required:
- A first class or Upper Second class (2:1) Honours degree in Engineering or possess recent, proven experience as a Controls Systems Engineer along with technical education (HND or HNC).
- Recent, Proven experience working as a Controls Systems Engineer within a related environment.
- Experience of programming and fault-finding PLC and servo-controlled equipment is essential. In particular experience with Allen Bradley and Omron equipment would be highly advantageous.
- Proven achievement with software and control systems in a related environment.
- Able to generate and modify electrical drawings, preferably using AutoCAD.
- Matched contribution Pension scheme up to 10% of salary.
- Life assurance and critical illness cover.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Share save scheme – matched up to £150 per month.
- Reward & recognition scheme linked to Health and Safety and Continuous Improvement.
- Employee Assistance Program, supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme.
- Subsidised canteen.
- Free on site car parking.
- 24 days holiday (Rising to 25 days after 5 years).
This is a day shift position working Monday to Friday.
If you are an experienced PLC Controls Systems Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.