£24,000 - £27,000
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are seeking an experienced and professional Premises Manager for the one of the South West’s most reputable multi-academy trusts. It will be your job to manage the premises of a secondary school based in Ashburton, and to work closely with and mentor your team. We are looking for a hands on manager who is great with people. The Premises Manager is a very important role, and will play an integral part of the day-to-day running of the organisation.
This is a permanent position to work with a well established employer. You will need to have excellent interpersonal skills, as you will be working closely with other departments within the leadership team to ensure that the shared strategic vision is met consistently. We are looking for someone who has experience of managing a large building, and has excellent practical knowledge in trade works.
- Management and support of the caretaking and cleaning team
- Assist with the strategic maintenance of Estates.
- To assist Business Manager in actioning any planned maintenance.
- Responsible for delivery of the security of premises and their contents; the post holder must be available for emergency call out.
- Aiding where necessary in the opening/closing of the school. Ensure site is secure and alarmed correctly.
- Oversee the continuous inspection of the school
- Forward planning of work in accordance with the requirements of the weekly/termly events schedule.
- Practical skills essential to include decorating, plumbing. Capable of producing work of a high standard in a number of practical skills areas.
- Monitoring continuously the School’s compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must experienced in Premises Management or Facilities Management, or a related field
- Must have an in depth knowledge of relevant compliance and legislation
- Must be able to manage and develop people
- Experience of achieving targets and goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of people from a variety of diverse backgrounds, both internally and externally
- A team based approach to work
- Willingness to undertake training and staff development
- To be willing to uphold and maintain the core values of the organisation
If you have the relevant experience as detailed, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Rhys Hackney on 01752 252533