Up to £35K DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Process Engineer required for large manufacturing company based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be required to work on Continuous Improvement and NPI projects using lean techniques and methodologies to ensure production lines are fully efficient and machine output is fully optimised. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a manufacturer who puts quality and innovation at the fore front of their ethos.
- The support of existing production processes by driving continuous improvement effort using lean techniques and methodologies.
- Take an active part in NPI projects using lean processes.
- Analysing processes to increase value added ratios.
- Building quality into processes, no fault forward poka yoke.
- Creating concept layouts for assembly lines and test stands.
- Study and improve assembly areas through line balancing.
- Design fixturing and tooling to aid assembly.
- Design, trial and development of assembly work stations.
- Using PFMEA’s to ensure robust processes are introduced.
- Development of SOP’s.
- Working with suppliers to specify and support installation and commissioning of new equipment.
- Team based problem solving, brainstorming and concept development.
- Complete input of new SAP parts data to ensure timely release.
- Coordinate with all relevant internal departments in fulfilling process engineering delivery obligations to satisfy customer base.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Recent experience working as a Manufacturing / Process / Production Engineer gained from a lean manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of a HNC in Mechanical Engineering coupled with a four year Mechanical apprenticeship.
- Experience and knowledge of 6 sigma methodologies.
- Competent in the use of MS programmes, CAD and basic SAP knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self motivated with the ability to control workload and deliver projects.
- IOSH managing safely.
If you are an experienced Process / Manufacturing / Production Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.