Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Process Engineering Supervisor required for large manufacturer based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing an existing team of Process Engineers, driving through Continuous Improvement and NPI throughout the plant using a variety of lean methodologies. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global Manufacturer who puts quality and innovation at the fore front of their ethos.
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and demonstrative implementation.
- Process analysis – VA/NVA.
- Building quality into processes, no fault forward Poka-yoke.
- Creating concept layouts for assembly lines and test stands – Concept to implementation.
- Design fixture & tooling to aid assembly.
- Required to be proficient in the use of PFMEA’s to ensure robust processes are introduced.
- Development of electronic work instructions / S.O.P’s.
- Working with suppliers to specify and support installation and commissioning of new equipment,
- Study and improve assembly, test and paint methods.
- Design, trial and develop assembly work stations/tooling.
- Team based problem solving, brainstorming, implementation of corrective actions (8D approach)
- Lead and deploy effective project management.
- Supervise and develop Process Engineers (carry out PDR’s etc.).
- Deputise for PED Manager in his absence.
- Capacity planning and identification of bottleneck processes.
- SAP New parts, Creation of routings and Ensure tooling available.
- Create purchase requisitions and write reports.
- NPI – Support/Lead
- Responsible for the adherence to departmental and company H&S procedures.
- Create special instructions and Change notes.
- Carry out Warranty Investigations
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Recent, Proven Process Engineering Management experience from a lean manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of a HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline and / or a Four year Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship.
- Six Sigma trained.
- Knowledge / Experience in Six Sigma methodologies such as APQP.
- Excel proficient with basic SAP knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self motivated with the ability to control workload to develop projects.
- ILM Level 3 or equivalent.
If you have the Experience, Qualifications and Attributes mentioned above, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.