£38,628 Inclusive of 48% Shift Premium
Job Type :
Experienced Line Leaders / Senior Level Operator required to work for large global manufacturer at their Plymouth based facility. Reporting to the Operational Team Leader the successful candidates will be responsible for co-ordinating all activities associated with a specific line team, with the aim of meeting the budgeted manufacturing objectives.
If you would like to work for a company that will offer you a career path & fantastic benefits package then look no further!
- In conjunction with the Operational Team Leader, responsible for the operational performance of the team to achieve the planned manufacturing volume targets. This role is operational and the duties are carried out in addition to normal operator responsibilities.
- Responsible for ensuring all products are manufactured as specified within the Quality system and to organise corrective action to maintain the manufactured product to the acceptable quality standards.
- Responsible for ensuring manufacturing waste levels on the line are within budgeted levels.
- Responsible for ensuring that all associates comply at all times to Health and Safety, Environmental and GMP standards.
- Responsible for ensuring all associates receive appropriate training where necessary and document all related training activities in order to maintain compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities and planning of the production needs to implement manufacturing schedules. Maintain effective control of the line, making changes to the materials, manning and production when required in order to accommodate any changes in the schedule.
- Motivate, encourage and involve all line members in promoting “Team” approach, supporting and upholding the Company’s Core Values.
- Ensure a smooth shift hand-over, encouraging effective communication between the incoming and outgoing line teams. Must be prepared to come in (10) minutes before start of shift and stay for (10) minutes after the end of the shift to ensure hand-over occurs with out-going/in-coming line team. The hand-over takes place between the out-going/in-coming line leaders, and is conducted at the shift start up board. The shift start up board is the primary channel for communicating line performance.
- Participate, as appropriate, in manufacturing team meetings, and team discussions with the other Line Leaders, Operational Team Leaders and Value Stream Shift Leaders.
- To support and ensure all associates are engaged in the Company’s Continuous Improvement initiatives and activities.
- Liaise and work very closely with the appropriate Technical support to ensure that a secure bond is developed and maintained between TA’s and Technicians and the operators, and that they are both an interactive and pro-active team.
- To undertake any other reasonable task/request as the position and job requires to achieve the overall Plant objectives.
Essential Experience and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Recent, Proven experience working as a Line Leader / Senior Operator within a fast paced Engineering or Manufacturing environment.
- A positive, people centric ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Matched contribution Pension scheme up to 10% of salary.
- Life assurance and critical illness cover.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Share save scheme – matched up to £150 per month.
- Reward & recognition scheme linked to Health and Safety and Continuous Improvement.
- Employee Assistance Program, supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme.
- Subsidised canteen.
- Free on site car parking.
- 24 days holiday (Rising to 25 days after 5 years).
The successful candidate will be working a 3 on, 3 off, 12 hour rolling continental Night Shift Comprising of 23:00pm to 11:00am. On top of a competitive base salary, the successful candidate will receive a 48% shift premium for night shift. Salary advertised is inclusive of 48% shift premium.
To apply for this position candidates must hold immediate right to work in the UK.
If you are an experienced Production Line Leader / Senior Operator and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.