c£40k depending on experience
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Production Manager required for large manufacturer based in Plymouth, the successful applicant will be required to manage production resources in an efficient, effective and safe manner to produce high quality products in compliance with the prevailing quality standards whilst meeting schedule requirements. Productivity, discipline, pace, cost, compliance and H&S are critical accountable success factors in the role.
Strong leadership is an integral part of the role and success of the overall department. The role will require an autonomous leader who can deal with day-to-day issues as well as strategise for the future.
- Ensure product is built to the current work instruction/drawing as required.
- Ensure all quality checks are completed in a timely manner and a right first time philosophy is rigorously adopted.
- Identify issues impeding productive efficiency and solve or report as soon as possible.
- Identify issues for improvement that will enhance efficiency or product integrity ie (Fit, Form or Finish) and solve in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Material Controller to ensure timely delivery of labour and materials
- Monitor KPI’s and take corrective action as appropriate to ensure adherence to schedule, productivity and quality standards.
- Demand service from all support areas of the business – i.e. Development, Logistics, IT, HR and Manufacturing and Quality & Engineering etc.
Line Management / Supervision:
- Management of Production Supervisors and other employees to ensure pace and quality standards are met
- Ensure the workforce is appropriately skilled and are regularly reviewed for skill, effort and attitude. Where there is an issue coach and mentor the individual.
- Complete Personal Development Plans and agree training requirements for subordinates
- Conduct disciplinary hearings and/or act as investigating officer as necessary.
- Work with ME’s and other resources to ensure the line is balanced and daily targets are met.
- Ensure operator discipline including bell to bell working, and that H&S protocols are adhered to at all times.
- Effectively manage overtime and ensure standards are met in line with regular working hours.
- Ensure adherence to Work Instructions/Drawings and where unclear seek guidance
Health & Safety:
- Ensuring H&S compliance
- Control distribution and allocation of PPE, consumables and tools
- To support and participate in risk assessments as required and to support and raise Hazard Identification reports helping the reduction in accident levels.
- Keep the workplace tidy and organised ensuring targeted 6S standards are met at all times
- Manage consumables ensuring issues are controlled and wastage avoided
Experience and Qualifications
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Thorough knowledge of relevant processes and able to carry out quality audits
- Experience in supervising a team
- Strong Leadership of the team
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of systems – Such as Chess (MRP), Quality Systems, T&A, MPS, Change Notes, etc
- Ability to utilise and analyse software tools such as efficiency trackers, standard work, block plans to enable schedule adherence and meet productivity targets
- Health and Safety qualified and able to carry out risk assessments, Hazard ID etc
- Facilitate staff development – probationary reviews/ appraisals/return to work etc
- Good IT skills – communication, spreadsheets, presentations
- Able to read drawings and impact on production
- NPI process knowledge including routine changes and NSO’s
- Lean Manufacturing basics -Problem solving techniques, A3 reporting, visual management, 6S
- Project Management – able to plan, organise and lead projects
If you are a Production Manager and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for David or Samantha. Many thanks for your interest