Circa £30K DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Production Planner required for large manufacturing company based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be responsible for the detailed planning of production in Machine Shop and Assembly. The position involves coordinating the Company’s manufacturing processes while working to achieve departmental targets and goals by working closely with all Internal Departments. Reporting to the Planning Supervisor you will ensure products can be made available to customers on the confirmed dates, in accordance with company Health & Safety and quality procedures and in line with the company’s values and behaviours.
- Create live daily and weekly PP Production Plans for assembly and machine shop.
- Maintain an up-to-date PP Plan, responding to relevant changes.
- Communicate in advance to Sales and Despatch Departments concerning up-to-date product availability.
- Monitor Production Work Order completion to achieve required SAP dates. Informing in advance Sales/Despatch of any possible delays.
- Chair Daily Production and Forward & Overdue meetings.
- Attend daily Materials Meeting to maintain a live PP Plan.
- Maintain Codes and reason comments on products in Forwards and Overdues SAP Report.
- Maintain PP Master data – calendars/shifts/set ups / efficiencies /downtime /planned maintenance /breakdowns/Priorities configurations.
- Maintain related Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provide cover for Planner’s time off as required.
- Contribute to achieve departmental improvements.
- Maintain Plan Changes records.
- Any other tasks required.
Experience, Knowledge and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Working knowledge of SAP or equivalent MRP / ERP based system.
- Previous production planning experience gained from either a Manufacturing or Engineering environment.
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Highly experienced problem solver with continuous improvement knowledge and experience.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Customer focused with excellent communication skills.
If you are an experienced Production Planner & are seeking a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by clicking the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.