Up to £35K DOE
Job Type :
Experienced Planner or Buyer required to join large, well established precision engineering company based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will have the responsibility of organising production according to business demand and quality standards, coupled with ensuring that raw materials are delivered on time to ensure schedule adherence.
- Schedule and level schedule the turning process.
- Control the inventory levels from a raw material state through Kanban systems.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing.
- Expedite internal and external orders and, as required, raw material and components to support schedules.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Monitor production performance and capacity against required output levels.
- Monitor and improve start on time of the turning cell.
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Control the inventory levels of raw material and ensure replenishment by placing orders with suppliers.
- Deal with any invoice queries that may arise in relation with raw material purchase orders.
- Liaise with manufacturing and engineering to review manufacturing feasibility and possible raw material changes.
- Ensure compliance of purchased raw material to our internal specifications.
Essential Experience, Skills and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Proven, Recent experience working as a Production Planner or Buyer within Engineering or Manufacturing.
- Degree in a relevant, business related topic.
- Excellent knowledge of production planning and quality control principles.
- Experience in MRP / ERP systems coupled with a high degree of competency in MS Office.
- Advanced Level Excel Skills (V-Look Up’s, Pivot Tables etc).
- Understanding on managing WIP levels.
- Excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to work in a team environment or independently on multiple projects with strict completion deadlines.
- Ability to solve problems in a manufacturing environment.
This is a full time, permanent position working Monday to Friday 08:15am to 16:15pm, with a degree of flexibility on start and finish times providing that core hours are worked.
If you feel you have the skills and attributes listed above for this position, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.