No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Production Planner / Controller required to work closely with the production management to create a cohesive build plan and Synchronise supply of material according to production demand / requirements.
Main purpose of the role
- Forms part of the line leadership team to create a cohesive build plan between synchronised kit supply and resource to meet production schedule.
- Custodian of Production Planning & Control System along with supporting processes ( iBOS integrated Build Orchestration System) including the training and support to system users.
- Facilitate the development and sequencing of work packages to support all aspects of the fit-out build process, including alignment of the BOM to build tasks.
- Ownership of the Production Readiness Review Process to ensure all boats entering production are fully defined in terms of standard work, BOM allocation and ready to start build process.
- Define daily material requirements against the build progress and plan.
- To monitor supply commitment, anticipate issues and plan for best scenario with material and resource availability.
- As team member of the iBOS development steering Group, focused on the development of the system and supporting processes.
- Facilitate the process of defining work breakdown structure for Standard build and
- Standard Options between development and manufacturing engineer.
- Facilitate the process of sequencing of work packages aligned to specific crew trades.
- Assignment of work package numbers to BOM ensuring all exceptions are managed independently.
- Manage and Maintain integrity of iBOS item data.
- Progress Change Notes for work package amendments and continuous improvement.
- Configure the Work Packages for each build slot to support iBOS system readiness in line with production readiness process.
- Daily monitoring of production status to identify and implement effective initiatives to maintain schedule adherence and compare plan v actual build progress to schedule.
- Plan and look ahead using the MPS schedule and MRP System to ensure feasibility
- Pull materials to build schedule via MRP system whilst managing WIP to a minimum without impacting agreed build plan.
- Provide intelligent interpretation of data using a variety of tools.
- Work with Logistics to coordinate agreed supply delivery drops and location.
- Raise part discrepancies (PD’s) and Quality Issues (QI’s) challenging requests for PD’s through Investigate and establishing root cause.
- Processing Change Notes for BOM amendments.
- Contribute to the development of the Supply planning systems & processes
- This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to the role.
- Demonstrated experience within a complex planning role or relevant academic achievement to show potential.
- A strong communicator with the ability to achieve results through influence and coordination.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with a strict attention to detail.
- We are looking for an analytically minded individual that can demonstrate strong mathematical skills who is comfortable working within complex data environments.
- Possess Microsoft Excel skills to a high level.
- MRP experience would be beneficial but would be provided for the individual with high potential.
If you are an experienced Planner and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie. Many thanks for your interest.