£28k rising to £30K after successful completion of probation
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Three Experienced Production Planners required for large manufacturing company based in Plymouth. The successful applicants will be required to work closely with the production management to create a cohesive build plan and synchronise supply of material according to production demand / requirements. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a world class manufacturer at a time of ongoing growth.
- To facilitate and coordinate the development and sequencing of work packages to support all aspects of the production process (to include alignment of the BOM).
- To monitor supply delivery performance v’s commitment, anticipate issues and coordinate between production and supply chain to optimise material availability and minimise disruption to build.
- Drives an exemplar customer and supplier relations climate across all Stakeholders.
- Work with operations and development to facilitate the process of defining work breakdown structure for Standard build, Standard Options and BOM modifications and upload the data in to the plan.
- Progress Change Notes for work package amendments to planning in close partnership with trades (change must be directly linked to the plan – not BOM).
- Continual monitoring of production status and the ability to identify and implement effective improvements to drive on-time delivery, right first time quality and budget adherence. Provide intelligent interpretation of raw data using a variety of tools utilising IBOS to display pertinent information and trends to the business where required.
- Compare actual build progress with the schedule, and react to the implications, driving the build progress via manning boards.
- Plan and look ahead using the data in the Master Planning Schedule (MPS) and MRP System. Translate the MPS requirements into detailed plans with daily granularity ensuring effective and efficient delivery to time.
- Ensuring materials are available for production according to the schedule timelines and manage effectively optimum inventory levels on the line.
- Highlight and escalate major material problems to the business and robustly expedite critical part shortages. Have a clear understanding of build status and constraints, work with Production supervisors and build crew to optimise production via Production Readiness Meetings.
- Represent planning at any development meetings for the production line and complete any gateway tasks, escalating as required.
- Undertake continuous improvement actions and execute them to the timescales required, ensuring that other department’s requirements are taken in to account. This includes the standardisation of processes across the planning team.
- Play an active role in improving IBOS and consistently provide constructive feedback.
- Develop and deploy the KPIs set by the team to drive the right behaviours and improvements in the role.
- Support the development of business processes across the entire supply chain to provide maximum customer service.
- Monitoring, reporting and solutions to capacity constraints and bottlenecks.
- Weekly meetings with production to validate forward plan.
- Regular meetings with sales to agree specifications.
Experience and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Demonstrated, recent experience within a complex planning role from a Manufacturing or Engineering background, or relevant academic achievement to show potential.
- A strong communicator with the ability to achieve results through influence and coordination.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills with a strict attention to detail.
- We are looking for an analytically minded individual that can demonstrate strong mathematical skills who is comfortable working within complex data environments.
- Possess Microsoft Excel skills to a high level (e.g. pivot tables and v look up).
- MRP experience would be beneficial.
If you are an experienced Production Planner and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton or David Freeman. Many thanks for your interest.