No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Join a global Company who are passionate about creating customer-driven solutions for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries. You will be working from their Plymouth site, which manufacture high quality and high-tech products.
With over 140 team members, they are a dynamic site where everyone is appreciated for the work they do. The location is perfect as it’s close to the A38, with a bus stop close by which covers all shift times. They are also in an idyllic part of England with the beautiful coast and Dartmoor nearby. This will be on a swing shift; Monday to Friday, rotating – 6AM to 2PM week 1 & 2PM to 10PM week 2)
- A people manager position that oversees the operational production shift in a busy production environment.
- You will direct line manage functional team leaders, who in return will be leading a team of skilled and semi-skilled operators including setters, spray painters, assembly operators and clean room operators and be responsible for the allocation of work and resource within the allocated team. To be successful, you’ll need to be able to execute the production plan and proactively identify, raise and where possible correct any issues that may impact Quality, Cost, Safety and Delivery.
- The existing team work on a range of equipment and adhere to a number of policies and procedures, including compliance to industry standards within medical devices, aerospace and the automotive sectors.
- 5 years of comparable manufacturing operations industry experience.
- Ability to lead Functional Team Leaders including temporary staff.
- Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Experience of leading group activities to drive improvement ideas.
- Experience of assisting and developing (multi-skilled) people.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of packages such as Excel.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques (BIT3) and recognised QC tools.
- Understanding of production costs to include waste, downtime, scrap and re-work.
- Act with Integrity by taking responsibility for your actions and learning from your mistakes.
- Show Empathy to help you understand your customers’ needs and solve challenges for them.
- Act with Agility by pursuing opportunities decisively.
- Take a Long-Term View to achieve what you may feel is beyond your reach.
- Practice Unity and to work together.
We offer our teams great benefits such as 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays), which increases over length of service; free health care plans and support; great pension scheme; life assurance; refer a friend scheme worth £1,000; Christmas gifts and savings club; cycle to work scheme; free uniform and parking; an appreciation platform where you can access exclusive discounts; an entire catalogue of training for you to access – plus much more!
If you have the relevant experience and have an interest in this opportunity, please submit an up to date CV and I will be in touch to discuss the next steps!
For an informal chat regarding this role please call 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.