£27,144 pr annum + bonus
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Production Shift Supervisor / Team Leader required to manage and lead all production areas for one of our fast paced production clients. Reporting to the Factory Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for coaching and mentoring teams to achieve set departmental targets in order to ensure on time delivery to the customer.
- Take full responsibility for the quality and efficiency of your department through achieving and exceeding KPI’s (agreed with the Factory Manager annually)
- Communicate in an open, honest, and transparent manner whilst ensuring confidential information remains secure. Also leading and setting an example for the teams in a fair and consistent manner across the factory.
- Operating within the business systems whilst being encouraged to raise improvement ideas to the continuous improvement team or Senior Management.
- Ensuring your team members are highly trained and multi skilled in all areas of the departments processes through written, agreed and implemented training plans.
- Working closely with other leaders to utilise resources practically and effectively, ensuring all quality requirements and deadlines are met. All whilst considering the departmental impacts effecting others.
- Reviewing your teams progress on continuous improvement projects by checking tasks and pushing for a completion.
- Taking full responsibility for ensuring the completion of production paperwork accurately, clearly, and completely for shifts.
- Taking full responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and your staff. Ensuring you are all equipped and prepared to complete tasks at hand.
- Ensuring compliance to customer specifications supplied with the job sheets at every stage.
- Undertaking all necessary ordering of goods responsibly and professionally.
- Working in partnership with your teams and maintenance to ensure that all machinery and equipment is well maintained to a good standard and all planned preventative maintenance is completed in a timely manner.
- Consistently driving a culture of exceeding targets and continuous improvement.
- Inputting and outputting data and information responsibly from the company systems.
- Taking responsibility for the security of the buildings (opening and closing) during your working hours.
- Complete fully and accurately any other reasonable request by a manager.
Essential Experience, Skills and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Previous experience working within a lean manufacturing environment, coupled with excellent knowledge of lean methodologies
- IOSH qualification or H&S training/knowledge
- Able to effectively communicate and lead a diverse team
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Able to keep an open mind to change and guide/lead change in others
- Ability to work under pressure and still achieve results
- Supervisory, Leadership and / or Management Qualifications – E.G. ILM or CMI
- Personal drive to succeed
The successful candidate will be required to work a weekly shift rotation comprising of Monday to Friday 6am to 2pm and Monday to Friday 2:30pm to 10:30pm.
If you have Production Supervisory experience are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.