Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
We are recruiting for a Production Supervisor for an established food manufacturer close to the Plymouth area. This role will be rotating day and night shift, and will attract a salary to compliment this. You will need to have a background in an FMCG environment, and have experience in supervising or managing a team of 15 people plus. This is a very exciting time to join this company, who have managed to excel during the pandemic. They have been manufacturing from this site for circa 20 years now, so are very stable and deal with many of the main retailers and the hospitality sector. Your role will be to complete the daily production plan ensuring that all the elements of production are staffed efficiently, whilst constantly maintaining highest standards of product quality and health and safety.
- To maintain and improve the standard of daily operations within areas of responsibility.
- To be responsible for achieving planned production volumes daily.
- Responding to changes within the plan in order to meet requirements.
- Ensure all aspects of production are governed by relevant and current work instructions.
- Ensure all relevant daily records are checked and signed off on completion of shift.
- Ensure that all elements of Production are completed with a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping.
- Report any required changes to procedure for document update.
- Ensure that your shift members are given effective leadership in order to fulfil the production plan.
- Ensure that an effective training plan is in place and maintain up to date training records.
- Assist with recruitment and training of staff within each element of production.
- To carry out first stage disciplinary action.
- To ensure staffing is at the required level within the agreed labour budgets.
- Monitor product losses and assist in wastage control.
- To Monitor and report any damages to production equipment.
- Ensure that all areas within production are operated to high standards of health and safety at all times.
- Ensure that training is available to all staff, health & safety, chemical, manual handling etc.
- To Assist in departmental audits on a monthly basis.