£31,200 to £33,600 Inclusive of Shift Premium
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Three experienced production team leaders required for large manufacturing company based in Plymouth. The successful applicants will be required to take full managerial responsibility for their shift of personnel and the designated area they are responsible for, in accordance with the company objectives – Safety, quality, and profitability, which form the KPI’s of this job role. You will be expected to align your work and day to day activities linking them directly in to the measurable KPI’s that the company has set out. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a global manufacturer who puts quality and innovation at the fore front of their ethos.
Key Responsibilities (this is not an exhaustive list and is not limited to the following):
- Ensure compliance with the company health and safety policies and procedures – Including: Risk assessments, safety audits, PPE adherence, incident and accident reporting in accordance with set time frames.
- Ensure compliance with the company quality standards and procedures – Set up verification, dimensional check sheets, scrap and route cause analysis, drive and manage scrap reduction initiatives in line with the company KPI.
- Improve and sustain continuous improvement initiatives in line with the 5’s standard and maintain the disciplines and adherence to within the areas of responsibility.
- Daily output vs plan – Manage, review, initiate recovery plan as required and continuously target improvements.
- Productivity by area – Manage, review, drive improvements in line with the company KPI.
- Manning calculations and justification in line with volume requirements – Standard hours required.
- Arrange/ensure personnel within area of responsible have received the required training prior to undertaking their duties. No task should be undertaken without the correct training and sign off.
- HR activities: Recruitment & selection of staff, carry out and complete appraisals, reviews, investigatory and disciplinary hearings
- OEE short interval schedule review of and action to be taken where required for failure to meet target.
- Ensure that compliance with shift patterns, break and lunch times is adhered to by all respective personnel directly reporting to the Team Leader.
Essential Experience, Knowledge and Candidate Attributes required:
- Previous Supervisory experience gained from within a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Experience of managing and working to daily production targets.
- Excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to make and take responsibility for their decisions.
- Experience of implementing and managing 5s initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate openly and effectively with team members, and different departments within the factory in order to ensure the smooth running and furtherance of improvement activities.
Desirable Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Trained to ILM Level 3 or similar qualification such as CMI Level 3.
- IOSH trained.
- Experience of using A3’s following the PDCA cycle.
- Experience of executing 8D’s, or similar problem solving techniques.
- Experience of using SAP or similar MRP system.
The successful candidates must be able to work a weekly alternating shift comprising of Monday to Friday 06:00am to 14:00pm and Monday to Friday 14:15pm to 22:15pm
If you are an experienced Production Team Leader, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.