No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Production Operator / Technician required to join a small, yet thriving team at a successful manufacturer based on the outskirts of Plymouth. This is a permanent position, working 35 hours a week, working a day shift of 8am to 3:20pm. Flexible working hours can be considered providing 35 core hours per week are completed. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with the right Skills, Commitment, Reliability, Loyalty and Determination to succeed.
- Running of production machinery to ensure all product is manufactured to a high standard.
- Responsible for picking appropriate materials for different jobs.
- Re-sharpening of tooling when required.
- Maintenance of machines.
- Reading engineering drawings.
- Ability to understand and work to tolerances set out.
- Use of measuring equipment such as Verniers and Micrometres.
- Self-regulating Quality Control of finished product.
- Packaging & labelling correctly to conform to Export regulations.
- Liaising with Production Manager and team for production schedules.
- To comply with H&S regulations at all times.
- Housekeeping & general tidiness of work environment.
- To be aware of production process and environment and where possible share any thoughts as to how improvements could be made.
Experience, Skills and Candidate Attributes required:
- Previous Production experience gained from an engineering or manufacturing experience is essential.
- Previous experience of using measuring equipment such as Verniers and Micrometres would be advantageous.
- Previous experience of reading Engineering drawings and following SOP’s would be advantageous.
- An effective communicator, with a flexible and loyal attitude.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
Due to the location of our client own transport would be preferred.
If you are an experienced Production Operative with the relevant skills and attributes above, and are looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.