£18,000 rising to £19K after successful completion of probation
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Production Operator / Technician required to join a small, yet thriving team at a successful manufacturer based on the outskirts of Plymouth. This is a permanent position, working 35 hours a week, working a day shift of 8am to 3:20pm. Flexible working hours can be considered providing 35 core hours per week are completed. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with the right Skills, Commitment, Reliability, Loyalty and Determination to succeed.
- Running of production machinery to ensure all product is manufactured to a high standard.
- Responsible for picking appropriate materials for different jobs.
- Re-sharpening of tooling when required.
- Maintenance of machines.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Ability to understand and work to tolerances set out.
- Use of measuring equipment such as Verniers and Micrometres.
- Self-regulating Quality Control of finished product.
- Packaging & labelling correctly to conform to Export regulations.
- Liaising with Production Manager and team for production schedules.
- To comply with H&S regulations at all times.
- Housekeeping & general tidiness of work environment.
- To be aware of production process and environment and where possible share any thoughts as to how improvements could be made.
Experience/skills and attributes required:
- Previous engineering or manufacturing experience is essential.
- An effective communicator, with a flexible and loyal attitude.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Physically fit due to the nature of the role.
Due to the location of our client own transport would be preferred.
The starting salary for this position is £18K rising to £19K after the successful completion of the company’s probationary period.
If you are an experienced Production Operative with the relevant skills and attributes above, and are looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.