Please apply with salary expectations
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen, to join the world’s largest industrial flooring group within their specialist Engineering Services Division. Reporting to the General Manager, you will be representing clients both pre and post-construction, to ensure quality control is paramount.
It will be your primary aim to ensure that specifications are accurate and sub-contractors complete assigned work to the correct, high standards. As such, proven engineering skills and a willingness to travel nationally and internationally are essential.
- Interpreting client requirements to develop construction specifications
- Co-ordinating risk and managing communication between; Contractors and Client
- Develop quality control plans and manage contractors
- Ensuring that sub-contractors complete their work to the requirements of the specification, using an appropriate level of workmanship and materials. Examples as follows;
- Assessment of design and detailing, construction methods and materials
- Analysis of concrete mix design
- Confirmation that specification is being followed during construction
- Undertaking visual inspections during construction and assessing findings against quality control plans
- Autonomous and able to work in a high pressure environment
- Good knowledge of construction roles and project hierarchy
- Previous civil/building construction experience is preferred, ideally working alongside sub-contractors
- Basic understanding of surveying practices, including the use of optical levels
- Basic understanding of concrete technology
- Previous experience in the construction of industrial flooring preferred but not essential
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally as required, often working unsocial hours
- Ideally located within one hour of Birmingham
- Fully IT literate, including; Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Full UK driving licence
- Salary is DOE and Negotiable
- Company car is provided
- Laptop is provided
- Mobile phone is provided
- Competitive pension scheme on offer
- Flexible working hours
If you are an experienced Project Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Rachel. Many thanks for your interest.