£30k to £33k DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Excellent opportunity to join a leading supplier to the Aerospace / Automotive industry as their Quality Engineer has become available; we are seeking an applicant with extensive quality experience to join a growing Manufacturing Business.
The role will be to ensure that the Company products and manufacturing processes meet with the company’s Quality standards by building quality into the product and processes. To achieve this by working within the Quality Department, supporting the internal audit schedule, using problem solving techniques and thereby promoting sustained improvement by example and active involvement.
- To work as an integral part of the Quality Engineering team to ensure that all audits are completed in line with their planned schedule.
- To work with the Quality team to identify areas and issues of non-compliance to standards and procedures across the business.
- Actively support 8D analysis across the business as required.
- Actively use near miss analysis, trend analysis and lessons learned principles in order to facilitate the identification and implementation of robust preventive actions.
- To process internal concessions and production permits.
- Provide support to production which includes but is not limited to MRB, Scrap Escalation process, Grease Witness and QA Stamp Approval sign off.
- Actively identify and lead Quality improvement projects; ensuring completion in a timely manner.
- Actively support and mentor the Quality Process Technician promoting team / inter-team working and development of using the Quality tools, practices and methodologies.
- To work with the Quality Team promoting the Quality Planning Process and assist in the verification that the requirements have been subsequently realized.
- To promote best practice in the use of thorough and robust techniques.
- To train others in Quality tools and practices as necessary.
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject or demonstrates the relevant experience and/or recognised by a relevant chartered body
- Formal training and understanding of quality management systems ISO9001, AS9100, AS9120
- Formal training as an internal auditor with minimum 3 years’ experience of auditing in an Aerospace environment to AS9100 standard
- Successful completion of six sigma projects, trained to Green belt or above
- Demonstrable involvement in the use and an understanding of the intent of quality improvement tools, such as Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), First Article Inspection Report (FAIR), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), 5Ys and 8Ds is essential
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) are required, with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience and knowledge of Project management techniques
- Open & Honest
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure & remain focused
- Business focused and forward thinking
- Strong communicator
- Ability to take direction and accept positive criticism
- Able to reflect
- Diplomatic and approachable
If you are an experienced Quality Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For further information please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie Boorman. Many thanks for your interest.