Please call for further information
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
An experienced Food Quality Engineer is required for an independent family owned business producing a range of products for supermarkets, retail, ingredients and food service customers. This position will play a pivotal role in delivering the objectives of the business quality standards and improvement plan.
Factory facing and working closely with shift managers, team leaders, engineers and operations colleagues, this position will provide a technical presence on the factory floor and significantly influence the focus on quality improvement initiatives.
- Ensure CCPs are adhered to and food safety maintained.
- Ensure food labelling legality.
- Maintain product quality standards.
- Lead specific quality improvement projects.
- Through daily presence, monitoring and real time feedback, ensure full compliance with QMS procedures and good manufacturing practice.
- Support and conduct regular GMP and hygiene audits, provide feedback to managers, team leaders and give guidance on the completion of any necessary corrective actions.
- Coordinate and support improvement project, equipment commissioning, cleaning and new product development trials as requested.
- Provide appropriate training to the operations and technical teams.
- Conduct investigation and fault finding exercises.
- Assist with the preparation and implementation of food safety and QMS procedures.
- Manage the laboratory and ensure its administration duties are completed.
- Help to promote H & S culture on site.
- Assisting management of hygiene standards with the hygiene manager
- Conduct validation exercises for the HACCP team.
- Assist with customer and third party certification audits e.g. BRC
- Customer complaint cpmu
- Micro KPIs e.g. Pre-incubated enteros and shelf life
- Other specific measures e.g. non-conformances, waste etc.
- GMP audits
Essential Skills, Experience & Attributes Required:
- Self motivated, drive and enthusiasm to deliver continuous improvement results
- Tenacity and ability to influence others
- Good communication skills
- Supportive with a practical approach
- Willingness to learn
- Extensive food manufacturing experience
The project nature of this role will require flexibility over a five day week and will include, when required, some weekend and early starts/evening working.
If you are an experienced Quality Engineer within a Food Manufacturing role and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Lizzie Boorman. Many thanks for your interest.