£60k to 70k depending on experience + package
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Excellent opportunity to join a leading supplier to the Aerospace / Automotive industry as their Quality Manager has become available; we are seeking an applicant with extensive quality management experience, outstanding leadership skills coupled with a strong focus on problem solving and implementation of corrective actions.
Preferably the job holder will be qualified to degree level in an engineering or scientific related discipline, experience will be considered in the absence of a degree qualification. Have detailed knowledge of aerospace standards and appropriate regulatory requirements. Be able to handle a diverse set of responsibilities including quality system certifications, internal auditing programmes, gauge and measurement processes, SPC programmes, supplier relations, source inspection activities, functional testing, document control, quality engineering projects and customer relations.
A good communicator with strong interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills who can work closely with all departments including Marketing/Sales, Customer Service, Product Engineering, Production, Finance, Purchasing and Human Resources. The major emphasis of the department is Quality Engineering through a “hands on” approach.
- The Quality Manager has the responsibility for the quality of all products shipped from the factory and has the authority to resolve matters pertaining to quality.
- Plan, organise, direct and control the quality assurance staff.
- Ensure controls are in place to ensure products are manufactured in accordance with the quality criteria specified by the customer.
- Provide leadership through problem solving, objective guidance and establishing confidence of subordinates
- Maintain a continuous programme to improve the quality assurance management systems and integrity of the product.
- Plan and direct the efforts for quality system audits/certifications (internal/external).
- Develop objectives and project assignments to support the business development.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships.
- With Purchasing and Supplier Development Manager, maintain a preferred supplier programme linked to routine performance measures.
- Operations are covered by ISO 9001:2000; AS 9100 / AS 9120 and ISO 14001 approvals, and so a large part of the departments work involves the creation, maintenance and audit of the control systems and written procedures necessary to achieve and maintain the status. The department is engaged in companywide quality awareness training
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and comply with the quality standards required.
If you feel you can demonstrate the required skills and experience for the above vacancy, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For further information please phone 01752 252533 and ask for David. Many thanks for your interest.