Up to £40K DOE
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Quality Engineer required for large, global based manufacturer based in Plymouth. The successful candidate will be required to drive forward quality as a focal point of our client’s product and manufacturing processes in order to achieve overall company quality standards. Reporting to the Quality Manager, the successful candidate will undertake internal audits and use problem solving techniques to promote sustained improvement by example and active involvement.
- To work as an integral part of the Quality Engineering team to ensure that all audits are completed in line with their planned schedule.
- To work with the Quality team to identify areas and issues of non-compliance to standards and procedures across the business.
- Actively support 8D analysis across the business as required.
- Actively use near miss analysis, trend analysis and lessons learned principles in order to facilitate the identification and implementation of robust preventive actions.
- To process internal concessions and production permits.
- Provide support to production which includes but is not limited to MRB, Scrap Escalation process, Grease Witness and QA Stamp Approval sign off.
- Actively identify and lead Quality improvement projects; ensuring completion in a timely manner.
- Actively support and mentor the Quality Process Technician promoting team / inter-team working and development of using the Quality tools, practices and methodologies.
- To work with the Quality Team promoting the Quality Planning Process and assist in the verification that the requirements have been subsequently realized.
- To promote best practice in the use of thorough and robust techniques.
- To train others in Quality tools and practices as required.
- Principles and controls associated with Environmental Management as applicable to ISO 14001, and Health & Safety within the workplace.
Essential Experience, Qualifications and Candidate Attributes Required:
- Qualified to degree level in an Engineering based discipline or equivalent in a relevant subject, or demonstrates the relevant experience and/or recognised by a relevant chartered body.
- A minimum of 3 years Quality Engineering experience from either a manufacturing or Engineering environment.
- Formal training or demonstrable understanding of quality management systems ISO9001, AS9100, AS9120
- Demonstrable involvement in the use and an understanding of the intent of quality improvement tools, such as Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), First Article Inspection Report (FAIR), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), 5Ys and 8Ds.
- An open and honest communicator whilst remaining diplomatic and approachable at all times.
- Business focussed and forward thinker who is open to change.
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with the ability to work under pressure while remaining focused.
- A flexible approach with the ability to take direction and accept constructive critique.
Beneficial Experience and Qualifications:
- Internal auditor with minimum of years experience of auditing in an Aerospace environment to ISO9001 or AS9100 standard. Formal Auditor training preferred.
- Successful completion of six sigma projects, trained to Green belt or above
- Knowledge of Project management techniques
- (SPC) to validate and analyse manufacturing processes.
If you are an experience Quality Engineer and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For further information please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.