No. of Openings :
Job Type :
Experienced Quality Technician required to provide objective evaluation of parts and products, coming into and leaving company premises. This evaluation will be made by referring to written specifications and procedures. The successful candidate will also be required to support and improve the use of Quality Management Systems. This is a 12 month fixed term maternity cover contract and the hours are: 8.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.00am to 1pm on Friday.
Due to the nature of the business, the successful candidate will also be subject to stringent vetting and referencing checks.
- Providing qualitative and quantitative evaluation of parts and product at Goods Inwards Inspection and Final Quality Control of New and Service Product. This shall be conducted against the documented specifications and procedures.
- Identify and assist in implementing improvements throughout the organization including the Quality Management System.
- Take an active part in investigating, correcting and preventing Non-Conformances to the QMS.
- Undertake development activities and training to build personal Quality awareness and skills necessary for current and future roles.
- Interface with all aspects of the organization, especially R&D, Production Engineering and Operations to ensure seamless integration of new products.
- Liaise with suppliers and purchasing department as required, to notify and co-ordinate Supplier Non-Conformances.
Required Experience & Knowledge
- Experience in the use of metrology equipment such as Mics, Calipers & Height Gauges.
- Working in a Lean Manufacturing environment.
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel/Word.
- Ability to read comprehensive engineering drawings.
- CMM experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in high volume manufacturing.
- Inspection of printed circuit boards.
If you are an experienced Quality Technician, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for Ryan. Many thanks for your interest.