No. of Openings :
Job Type :
As the Relief Production Team leader you will be responsible for processes within production ensuring they are completed efficiently within the most cost-effective method. Working closely with the Production Shift Manager to plan and manage the day-to-day production operations effectively by controlling all labour, raw materials, and wastage budgets. To monitor and improve upon all line and machine efficiencies where possible.
- To lead day to day running of the Manufacturing process within the business ensuring effective communication and execution of the daily production plans.
- Oversee site health and safety requirements ensuring best practice and adherence to government and legislative requirements.
- In conjunction with the managers, control and allocate daily the use of labour to ensure that all operators are fully employed to the standards required and fully utilised during downtimes.
- Ensure raw materials and packaging are ready and available to meet the production plan.
- Ensure accurate reporting of KPI data i.e. line outputs, line speeds and plant downtime, yields and wastages on the appropriate documentation.
- Work closely with the Engineering Department to minimise machine downtime and ensure changeovers are efficiently carried out in order to meet the production plan.
- Manage the training of new and existing operators to ensure high levels of competence and flexibility are achieved.
- Maintain strict hygiene standards in all areas of responsibility, ensuring that the plant is always maintained to a high standard.
- To carry out such ad hoc duties that may be required by the business from time to time.
Essential Experience / Qualifications and Attributes Required:
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working within a food production/manufacturing environment (essential).
- Experience of leading/motivating a large team to ensure targets are met.
- HACCP, Food Safety & Food Hygiene knowledge/certificates – ideally level two (2) or above (essential).
- Good command of English, both written and spoken.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to actively listen to instructions while being in a very busy and changing environment.
- Excellent ability to plan, organise and multi-task.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to help out team in times of demand.
- Strong safety concise working practices, adhering to health and safety at all times.
If you have the relevant experience, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat about this position please call Geraldine Ives on 01752 252533.