Up to £50k Depending on experience
No. of Openings :
Job Type :
A global provider of electronic devices is seeking to recruit a Senior Buyer to join their team, based here in Plymouth.
The business is investing heavily in new product design, market expansion and further development of existing markets. In particular, it is creating an exciting new range of Internet and cloud-connected smart products to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT).
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager this position will be have three main elements to the role.
- Responsible for achieving material productivity targets
- Support R&D team in sourcing direct material for NPI (New Product Introduction)
- Manage NPP spend for the site for a number of key supply portfolios
- Identify opportunities for material cost savings
- Collect and coordinate ideas for material cost savings from other departments and functions
- Coordinate activities, projects and actions of others across all operational and functional departments to deliver material cost savings.
- Develop annual material productivity plans and targets with input from operational and support functions
- Ensure resources are available to support plans
- Manage action plans for material / component transfers across sites / suppliers
- Coordinate and support in a range of operations projects requiring R&D input include attendance at prioritization meetings
- Issuance of monthly reporting on material productivity
- Develop year end forecasts.
- Conduct regular, scheduled supplier reviews as determined by categorization of supplier
- Provide assistance in identification of suppliers and material to support the NPI product road map.
- Negotiate where applicable the costs of direct material for NPI and ensure parts are set up on the ERP system prior to transfer of management to the purchasing team.
- Assist in the estimation of costing of NPI by providing best prices for direct material
- Assist in project management of NPI where applicable
- Monitor End of Life status for electronic components and provide replacement identification as and when required
- Manage indirect spend within the Plymouth site, support all departments to ensure compliance with process and requirements
- Maintain the contracts database to deliver best value and service for site
- Manage the negotiation of prices for specific supply portfolios, including PCBa, incorporating cost downs from no.1 above
- Support the purchase of PCBa for the site by assisting the planners as and when required and providing assistance in the event of component shortages
- You are a self-starter, capable of managing your own time and priorities but also able to work well in a tight knit team.
- Coming from the manufacturing industry you will have at least 5 years of buying experience
- Your experience of the procurement of electronic components and assemblies is beneficial.
- You must have outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- You are a skilled user of the Microsoft suite of tools, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with raising capital requests is a bonus
- Attention to detail is a requirement
What we offer:
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and flexible working models to ensure the right work/life balance.
A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working across teams
A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
Flexibility to work 2/3 days a week in the office and the other days from home.
If you have the required experiences listed above and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat, please phone 01752 252533 and ask for David. Many thanks for your interest